Arcubus promotes microfinance as an ethical financial tool which is good for the City and good for African entrepreneurs. We raise funds for micro-entrepreneurs in Africa, helping to build financial services, support microenterprise and fight poverty.
Uniquely, we offer the Arcubus Experience, giving you the chance to share your skills with entrepreneurs on a bespoke field trip to Africa and experience first-hand how microfinance can change lives.
Latest News Stories
- A new debate on microfinance?
- Tuesday, May 27th, 2014
- While microfinance was very popular when first trotted out, the scheme seems to have quietly sunk under the weight of the multitude of criticisms thrown at it. Denigrating microfinance has suddenly not simply become fashionable, but accepted in media and development circles. Yet are microfinance schemes still carrying on apace below the radar, unnoticed but [...]
- Post-conflict microfinance
- Friday, October 18th, 2013
- I had an interesting chat last week with a lady from Uganda who is trying to expand her microfinance programme into northern Uganda. It's an area devastated by 20 years of civil war. Most of the population suffered terrible trauma - children abducted to become child soldiers and forced to commit atrocities against their own villages, women and girls raped, people losing their homes, land and loved ones. Can microfinance work here?