Arcubus promotes microfinance as an ethical financial tool which is good for the City and good for African entrepreneurs. We raise funds for micro-entrepreneurs in Africa, helping to build financial services, support microenterprise and fight poverty.
Uniquely, we offer the Arcubus Experience, giving you the chance to share your skills with entrepreneurs on a bespoke field trip to Africa and experience first-hand how microfinance can change lives.
Latest News Stories
- Post-conflict microfinance
- Friday, October 18th, 2013
- I had an interesting chat last week with a lady from Uganda who is trying to expand her microfinance programme into northern Uganda. It's an area devastated by 20 years of civil war. Most of the population suffered terrible trauma - children abducted to become child soldiers and forced to commit atrocities against their own villages, women and girls raped, people losing their homes, land and loved ones. Can microfinance work here?
- Village Savings Groups – how to nurture financial services in the remotest corners
- Sunday, August 18th, 2013
- I recently visited the village of Nangarua in Beringo District, Kenya. The journey from Nakuru town to Nangarua took 4 hours, of which 2 hours was on tarmac roads and 2 hours very definitely wasn't. We were visiting with Anthony Mambo, recently appointed Microfinance Officer in Nakuru. His challenge is that he is one man with one old car and a district over 300 miles from side to side.